#navbar-iframe { height:0px; visibility:hidden; display:none; } pullin’ shots pullin’ shots

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Intelligentsia’s Yemen Sanani

Because of JonR’s posts on CoffeeGeek.com, I decided to pull the trigger on this coffee to pull as espresso. Ordered on a Monday or Tuesday and delivered freshly roasted on Friday, it was degassed and ready to go.

I will say, this coffee was the gooiest, gloppiest espresso I’ve ever pulled. The pictures don’t do it justice and my ‘trigger finger’ was always a split second behind in snapping the big gooey glops that landed in my cup.

This produces my favorite shots to date through the Andreja. As straight espresso, it is spicy, potent and it absolutely coats the palate and lingers for what seems like days.

I pulled shots for my wife’s lattes and used the left over steamed milk for a few macchiatos, they were incredible and now I’m hooked! The Yemen Sanani also does incredibly well in milk drinks and makes a great cappuccino. I think this is a must have and I’m going to be sad when it’s gone!

Also, I know I don’t have the pictures to prove it, but after this thread on frothing, my microfoam has improved immensely and I poured a perfect heart for my wife’s latte on Thursday morning. Soon, I’m going to attempt some other pours. . .

Double in my Gaggia Demitasse Cup:


It’s ‘go time’!




In da cup:












It does seem like it’s starting to really come together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home