#navbar-iframe { height:0px; visibility:hidden; display:none; } pullin’ shots pullin’ shots

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Macchiato Madness!

During the last week or so I’ve been pulling the Red Sea Blend from Intelligentsia. As an espresso shot, it wasn’t doing it for me. Had a bit of a bite, a harshness I didn’t care for. I did however LOVE it in milk drinks. My morning routine is to make a HUGE latte for the Mrs. and then use the ‘scraps’ in my steaming pitcher for my drink. I should maybe pour mine first and then I could maybe get a little art in my cup – but I put off my drinks until I’m finished with hers. I’ve just started drinking macchiatos and a have been loving them. The dollop of milk cuts the bite just enough to make the Red Sea Blend wonderful. After my morning macchiato – a little Splenda in the cup makes it palatable as a shot. Maybe I’m brewing this at the wrong temp, maybe it’s the blend. I don’t know, but I do know if I order more – it’s getting cut with milk each and every time. . .

I love the Espresso Monkey cups from SweetMarias!






Not pretty, but they do the job!








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home